Customer Service Representative – Level I-II – Dallas, TX
Customer Service Representative – Level I-II
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc
Location: Dallas, TX
Northwest Hardwoods is the leading manufacturer of hardwood lumber in North America. A fully integrated, global supplier of wood products, NWH serves the furniture, cabinet, molding and millwork industries. NWH’s Sales Operations Department is looking for Customer Service Representatives to provide excellent, dependable service to our customers and help grow our business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With the support and guidance of senior level customer service team members, provide phone-based customer and order support to our fast-paced domestic sales organization. Partner with outside sales team members, product supply managers, site quality assurance and transportation teams to ensure orders are fulfilled accurately in a timely and complete manner.
- Handle standard customer inquiries, basic order entries, and fulfillment of products and services including basic price, lead time, and freight quoting. Handle and resolve general customer complaints. Share insight on sales activities to internal team.
- Develop a close working relationship with senior level customer service team members and existing customers. Build rapport with customer base.
- Contribute to the sales efforts by executing program sales, order entry and special-order processing, and managing our special Vendor Managed Inventory process.
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, including details on actions taken.
- Efficient and effective communication with other sales associates, customers, vendors, and various stakeholders throughout the company.
- May provide tactical support to international regions and other business segments as needed.
- Excellent P.C. skills are required to develop and generate sales and inventory reports and support regional inventory reconciliation. Ability to quickly grasp and understand the operations of different order computer systems.
- This is an entry level role. High School diploma required. Associates degree and/or 1-3 years (previously 1-2) of relevant experience preferred.
- Ability to use MS Office suite and trainable on Supply chain, Customer Relationship Management software & Sales software.
- Attentive, confident, engaging, respectful customer service skills
- Ability to multitask and be organized. Strong attention to detail.
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Communicate with people inside and outside the BU, representing NWH to the public and customers. Interact and communicate with supervisors, co-workers, and peers by telephone, in writing, and e-mail.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to take initiative on continuous improvement processes
- Willing and able to cross-train
REPORTING STRUCTURE and LOCATION:
- This position will report directly to Customer Service Lead or Customer Service Manager.
- No relocation assistance available. This role will be based out of Plano, TX.
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc. provides a competitive benefit package that includes comprehensive medical and dental coverage, short- and long-term disability benefits, life insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, 401(K) Retirement Plan with matching company contribution, and profit-sharing program.
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply for all Northwest Hardwoods roles at Indeed.com.